Our Place Housing Solutions
Position Title: Housing & Homelessness Program Director
Hours: Full Time
Reports to: Executive Director
Supervises:Volunteers and Participants/Employees
Compensation: Competitive compensation package that depends on experience
The Housing and Homelessness Program Director provides primary leadership to several programs and community efforts designed to end local homelessness, and increase access to affordable/supportive housing for people experiencing housing problems. OPHS utilizes a strategy that emphasizes the empowerment of local communities to provide holistic support to their neighbors who are economically disadvantaged.
o Management experience in community development or social services, with housing/homelessness experience preferred;
o Bachelors in Social Work or related field, MSW and LCSW preferred.
PREREQUISITE SKILLS: Candidates for this position will have:
o Knowledge of, and ability to apply asset based community development philosophy and principles.
o Knowledge of pertinent Federal, State, and local policies relating to homelessness
o Familiarity with project and program management methods and techniques program analysis, and report preparation.
o Knowledge of basic human resource functions
o Ability to build and lead cohesive, successful teams
o Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
o Adaptability and self-motivation
o Provides leadership and management to OPHS housing/homelessness programs, ensuring that they are the most successful and innovative for the sector. These programs include:
- Gateway Cities Council of Government’s Plan to End Homelessness- Effort in SoutheastLos Angeles County for coordinated efforts related to ending/addressing chronic homelessness in the region. (Includes outreach, advocacy, referrals, etc.)
- Bellflower Neighbors- Rehousing program designed to connect chronically homeless individuals in Bellflower and surrounding cities with permanent housing.
- Margaret’sHouse–Re-housing program designed to help homeless families move from homelessness to stable housing.
o Leads core staff and volunteers in Bellflower and surrounding cities by identifying and mobilizing local resources (people, institutions, and finances) to create housing solutions that decrease homelessness in the area.
- Defines expectations for program employees and volunteers, delineating tasks, and conducts regular employee evaluations and volunteer support meetings.
- Hires, supervises, evaluates, and-if necessary-fires employees.
- Administers personnel policies
o Coordinates OPHS’ efforts with other partners in the region, representing OPHS well to stakeholders.
o Grows and maintains positive relationships with local stakeholders including business owners,residents, local governmental entities, ministerial committees, churches and service organizations to appropriately and effectively use the community assets to address the housing problems of our neighbors.
o Works with Executive Director to:
- Enhance the awareness of OPHS’ work and secure a broad base of donor partnerships.
- Identify and procure appropriate grant funding for the programs of OPHS.
- Coordinate and implement marketing strategy and materials for OPHS’ homelessness and housing programs
If you are interested in this position please submit resume to email@example.com
It is the policy of OPHS to provide equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, OPHS will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.